Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Kerry, Former Crewmates Arrive in Boston

Retired Army Gen. John Shalikashvili, who served as chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under President Clinton (news - web sites), was addressing delegates. He was to be introduced by retired Lt. Gen. Claudia Kennedy, the only woman ever to become a three-star general in the Army.

I would not be too enamored to be associated with General Shalikashvili. This is the same guy that was SACEUR when we first went into Bosnia. I don't have much respect for him. That he made four-star under Clinton really doesn't say much, in my opinion. If you ask me, I'd rather have Major General (2-stars) David Petraues who led the famed and illustrious 101st Airborne Division into Iraq rather than a General who stood by while the Serbs conducted ethnic cleansing and genocide in Bosnia and Croatia. Oh yes, and when a NATO airplane (Italian G-222) got shot down by hostile fire, instead of kicking ass, they stopped the humanitarian flights. So much for our humanitarian efforts.

After swapping war stories with the old gang Wednesday, Kerry boarded the Lulu E and made the brief trip across the harbor, once a political symbol of its own. In 1988, then-Vice President George H.W. Bush visited to criticize the pollution — and the leadership of his presidential rival, Massachusetts Gov. Michael Dukakis.

Hmmmmmm. I wonder what the majority of his shipmates from Coastal Division 11 have to say about this. Go check out Swift Boat Veterans for the Truth to see what the rest (except for two) of his shipmates had to say about him. He was a substandard sailor who was made into a "war hero" by telling half-truths. Let me tell you, if I won three Purple Hearts by scratches, I wouldn't be bragging about it. But then again, the liberal democrat backing media has suppressed all vestiges of the truth. "We resent very deeply the false war crimes charges he made coming back from Vietnam in 1971 and repeated in the book "Tour of Duty." We think those cast an aspersion on all those living and dead, from our unit and other units in Vietnam. We think that he knew he was lying when he made the charges, and we think that they're unsupportable. We intend to bring the truth about that to the American people. We believe, based on our experience with him, that he is totally unfit to be the Commander-in-Chief." John O'Neill, Spokesman, Swift Boat Veterans for the Truth. Naval officers are supposed to lead, command, inspire and care about their men, not pursue their own political aspirations in a combat zone.

And I'm supposed to vote for this guy?

I'm supposed to vote for a guy who will take away from my hard earned money to give to someone sitting on his ass without lifting a finger? I'm supposed to vote for someone who will reward single parents who turn into baby factories? I'm supposed to vote for someone who will tear apart every last vestige of a family? I'm supposed to vote for someone who will try and make me ashamed for be a Christian? I'm supposed to vote for someone who will spit on the American fighting man? I'm supposed to vote for someone who will sacrifice our nation's security for the sake  of the "global village" (Yea, I want to be a part of Chirac's village. Sure.). I'm supposed to vote for someone who can't make a firm decision and then stand by it? I'm supposed to vote for someone who will try and shame us for being Americans?

The mentality of a slave is "we're all equal."

The mentality of the master is "we are not equal. Work harder and then we will be equal. I will help you become equal to me. But I will not lower myself to you."

I have the mentality of a master...not a slave.

 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home