Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Things I Want to Do (And the Things I Don't Want to Do)

I want to seek first the Kingdom of Heaven
I want my life to be a living sacrifice
I want to walk in faith
I want to make memories with my mate
I want to feel the sun shining down on me beneath the Tuscany sky
I want to watch an opera in the Venice Opera House
I want to float down the canals on a Gondola holding my wife
I want to walk through Central Park, NYC in the fall with the leaves under our feet
I want to stand on a Civil War battlefield and share the reverence with my wife
I want to look in her eyes for the next fifty years and know that "she's still the one"
I want to praise God in all that I do
I want to keep love before faith and faith before hope
I want to watch the sunset off the Monterrey coast with a lighthouse turning in the distance
I want to feel my baby kick for the first time in my wife's belly
I want to be remembered as a good father
I want to dance by the moonlight on the kitchen floor to the radio
I want to chase after God's heart

I don't want money to be more important than family
I don't want to say "I hate you"
I don't want to shut my wife out because of fear
I don't want to slam the door (close it lightly)
I don't want to shelter our children from the world
I don't want to remembered as a good worker
I don't want to lose faith
I don't want my wife to be more important than God
I don't want work to be more important than God
I don't want to be proud
I don't want to regret the things I should have said
I don't want to regret the dances I never danced
I don't want to regret the things I've never done

...More to follow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home