Sunday, July 11, 2004

I Wake Up With the Sun Shining In

I wake up with the sun shining in through
The window; the golden rays kiss your shoulder.
I cannot help but smile at the baby gentle
Expression on your face as you sleep.
You radiant skin shines in the light of a new day
And your eyes are closed softly as you still dream.
I am filled with the love for a woman that is my own
A woman who waits for me in her dreams as I
Have waited for her. She is my dream, she is my destiny
And she is the woman with whom I wake up next to.
You softly breathe, gently tenderly as your chest
Rises and falls with your eyes fluttering as you sleep.
I watch you sleep for a moment and cannot help but wonder
If you are an angel sent down from heaven to rescue me.
And as I gaze upon your soft shining skin I am reminded
That I have a little piece of heaven laying next to me.
And I thank Him for His blessing and gift when I found you.
I wake up with the sun shining in through
The window; the golden rays kiss your shoulder.
I am reminded of how much I love you; and how lucky I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home