Thursday, July 01, 2004

Life

Today was a crappy day at work...We had our second forklift involved accident in 3 days. Thank the Lord, the people were not hurt that bad...but still it was a shitty day. I ran around most of the day conducting the investigation, interviewing people, taking care of the worker's comp cases, missed lunch, got yelled at by The Boss....so all in all it was a shitty day...

But...then I remember where I was one year ago today. We were running 12-14 hour long patrols in some of the shittiest parts of Iraq. Zooming low in helicopters, and fastroping down. It was a crazy life. X-Box and practical jokes during the day and running combat at night...I miss the comraderie. I miss the martial connection. We were rough men...rough around the edges, hard...

It's days like this is makes me miss being back in uniform...If it weren't for my damn knees and shoulder I would be...But...damn, I can't even run a fricking mile anymore. Can't even do 30 pushups without collapsing in pain anymore...

I don't know why the Lord has put me on this path. I don't know where this road leads. But I have faith in Him and His divine plan. I have to...faith is deciding what you believe in and then acting accordingly...So even though I don't know where I'm going, I trust in him...I close my eyes and step forth...in faith...

But damn...I miss the smell of cordite at night and the rough metal of M4s and .45s...

Never in my life have I ever felt more alive...then when I was in combat. Never before and never again will I ever have such good friends as I did when I was in combat. They are still my friends...They are still my comrades...until the day that we die...

Life is Wierd sometimes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home