Saturday, July 10, 2004

A Slow Walk Through Fields of Green

A slow walk through the fields of green; I can hear
The leave crunching rhythmically beneath my feet.
Ever slow steps I take, contemplative and thoughtful
I am mindful of the crisp air that brings a chill; but it
Is comforting to feel the coldness deep in my bones.
The autumn air is refreshing, filling my lungs as the
Sun beats down on my cheeks, warming me in the coolness.
I am brought back to a similar place in a different time
Where a warm hand was in mind in cool air; as the
Red sun faded into the distance, there was warmth.
I am reminded of a soft smile and shining blue eyes
As we walked a slow walkthrough similar fields of green.
She is gone now, but I have a memory; on days such as this
The memory of her gentle smile is enough to warm me.
The sound of leaves crunching and the breeze; it reminds
Me of a love that has not died; a love that cannot die.
The rolling fields of green are endless; they remind me
Of the timeless, ethereal love that once, for only a minute
We had shared on our own field of green, watching the
Red sun falling into the azure sky of cascading colors.
And for just a heartbeat in time, a glimpse as was our love
I am back on a slow walk through a field of green; and for
A glimpse in time I am in love, and loved once again.
I can hear the leaves crunching rhythmically beneath my feet…
…I am mindful of the crisp air that brings a chill…
…I am warmed by the memory of a love that never died.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home