Sunday, July 18, 2004

My Eyes Have Looked Into One Too Many Sunsets

My eyes have looked into one too many sunsets
            These eyes have seen too much death
My soul has been a witness to one too many heartbreaks
            My heart has endured too much betrayal
My weary bones have survived one to many wars
            This body has felt too much pain
The cowboy always searches for a last sunset
            The one where he can just fade away
The sailor waits to find one more lighthouse
            The one that will guide him back home
I am the last of the long lone of weary distant travelers
            My soul is ready for a much needed rest
So I will ride into my last sunset…
            …fade away into the light of the horizon
                        …this is where the cowboy rides away… 
           

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home